Intellectual Property Law Cyprus - Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights
By: H. Priority Trust Services Ltd
Intellectual Property (IP) is vital and fundamental for most businesses. Whether it is an invention,trademark, design, brand, or logo, it is a creation that is valuable to a business or organisation – which requires it to be legally protected as a key asset.
Intellectual property is not just about the law and legal rights. It is about innovation, ideas, development, and business. If used strategically and effectively, intellectual property enhances an enterprise’s edge and competitiveness, as well as providing financial opportunities such as sales, licensing, and business partnerships.
The Commercial activity on the island creates the necessity to offer protection to the Intellectual Property Rights of physical and legal entities in order to validate such activity. There are different types of intellectual property rights that can be registered but the three main ones most businesses should consider are patents, trademarks, and copyright.
We are specializing:
- Registration of IP, renewal of trademarks (including Community Trademarks), Patents (National, European, and International), Industrial Designs (including European Community Designs)
- Trademark oppositions, cancellations, and counterfeiting actions
- Valuation of IP Rights in Assignments, Mergers, or Acquisitions
- Search and investigation services
- Trademark watching and infringement services
- IP arbitration and mediation
- Litigation of other IP Rights
- Counseling on licensing and franchising
Which Type of Protection Do You Need?
As you can see, there are many important and substantial differences between trademarks, copyrights, and patents. If you have any questions regarding the type of protection you need for your intellectual property, please feel free to give us a call at +357 25388999, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon.