Introduction to the Cyprus Cannabis Legal Framework
By: The European Legal Training Center
The seminar is also sponsored by the Cyprus Cannabis Association (CY-CA), formed under the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry. CY-CA is leading the collective of individuals and companies that will build the cannabis Eco-system in Cyprus, and advance the interests of a responsible, compliant, transparent and high-quality cannabis industry.
This is an online seminar, funded by the HRDA and offers 9 CPD points by the Cyprus Bar Association.
Aims of the seminar:
- To analyze the basic provisions of the legislation concerning medical and industrial hemp.
- To apply the basic provisions of the legislation concerning medical and industrial hemp.
- To explain the correct procedures for submitting a relevant license during the application process.
- To interpret and apply professional responsibility in this field concerning medical cannabis.
- To explain and execute the basic procedures for the legal cultivation of cannabis in Cyprus and its export.
- To develop skills, organize and manage requests from customers regarding applications for the cultivation and export of cannabis in a rational manner for the protection of their customers.
- To analyze the differences between recreational cannabis and CBD products.
- To separate the difference between medical cannabis and legal products according to the law.
- To develop the skills for making applications to the relevant authorities regarding medical and industrial hemp.
- To participate in good practices and procedures regarding the handling of license submissions during the cannabis cultivation application process.
- To participate in the application of the legal principles regarding the Law by properly guiding the customers with professional handling.
Why this seminar is important for you?
The need for training in the area of Cannabis law is needed since lawyers in Cyprus do not have the necessary knowledge and skills to implement the laws that are in existence. The global cannabis market has grown tremendously over the last decade and is a complex but ever-evolving area of law, regulation and policy which requires experienced advisors/lawyers to navigate this complex area of the cannabis industry.
You will understand the key provisions of the legislation and be able to assist and advise clients who may be processors, handlers, transporters, lenders, investors and other clients of the cannabis industry who seek advice from lawyers in Cyprus.
You will explore industry legislation, common regulatory dilemmas, the process of securing state and local licenses, and additional compliance-related content.
You will take advantage of the many opportunities, learn what works and what doesn’t, and avoid costly missteps in this burgeoning and evolving area of business and practice.
This seminar is practical and is taught by highly experienced lawyers and experts in cannabis law.
SPONSORED BY the Cyprus Cannabis Association.
17:00 - 20:00
- Legal Consultants
- Business Consultants
- and other professionals
Live Zoom Online Course
This Course is funded by the Human Resource and Development Agency